Questions about RAD Club? Here’s some answers.
RAD Club (Ridgeline Academy Drama Club) is a performing arts extracurricular club at Ridgeline Academy, located in north Phoenix, Arizona. RAD Club, led by Melissa Davis produces 2-3 junior-length musical productions a year, typically with an additional 2-week summer camp that produces a kids or junior length production.
Joining RAD Club is as simple as auditioning for a show! You may participate in as many auditions/shows as you like, space permitting. See our Audition Info page for more information on auditioning for a RAD Club production!
Auditions for RAD Club productions are fun and exciting! Here’s how to audition:
- Mark your calendars! Make sure you know when registrations open, and when auditions are! Check our upcoming productions page for registration, audition, and performance days and times for all our upcoming shows.
- REGISTER! As soon as registration opens for auditions, get registered! Space in RAD Club productions is limited, and will fill up quickly! Be sure to register to save your spot! Pre-registration is required to participate in a RAD Club production, and all paperwork must be filled out and returned prior to auditions.
- Sign up for a time for your audition. As soon as registrations are complete, you’ll get a notification/email with a sign-up for audition times. Auditions typically take 5-10 minutes. Performers do not need to stay for the whole audition time, they only need to be there during their audition window.
- Pick a song. Come prepared to auditions with a song of your choice to sing for Ms. Davis! It should be 30-seconds to 1-minute in length, and can be as simple as “happy birthday!” or as complicated as a broadway musical favorite. You may sing with music (you can bring a device to play your background music on) or acapella – It’s completely up to you! But be sure to practice before auditions so you can show Ms. Davis what you can do!
- Callbacks. Some students will be called back on the 2nd day of auditions for vocal and/or acting callbacks. Not all students will be called back, and getting called back is not an indication of casting.
And that’s it! Break a leg!